Wondering what to bring to Uni?
Each study bedroom is well equipped for life as a student – there is more than enough storage space around your desk for storing books and items to make your bedroom homely.
You have a large desk for working on and a pin board that you may want to put photos of friends and family.
Your room also has a lamp and comes with curtains so you don’t need to worry about these items.
Here are some useful things that you may want to think about bringing with you on your new adventure.
- Bank account details and cash card
- A form of ID such as your passport or driving licence
- National Insurance Number if you want to look for a part-time job
- Bedding – sheets, pillows, pillowcases, duvet and duvet cover (alternatively, you can buy a bedding starter pack from Student Room Packs which will be delivered to your room ready for your arrival)
- Coat hangers
- Crockery – a couple of plates, bowls, mugs and glasses - your kitchen will already have a kettle and microwave
- Tea towels
- Toiletries – shampoo, conditioner, soap, shower gel etc (international students: please read advice from the UK Government about restricted items)
- Basic food provisions until you do your first shop (international students: please read the UK government’s guidance about bringing food into the UK)
Electrical Items and Furniture
Please be aware that all electrical appliances must conform to British standards, be suitable for use with 240V electrical supply, and hold a portable appliance test certificate if it's not newly purchased – we discourage the use of adaptors due to fire safety concerns.
It's best to ring ahead if you want to bring furniture or electrical items.
There are sockets in each room but you may want to bring an extension lead.
- Read Next
- UWE Accommodation Fire Drills Meet your GLENSIDE Resident Assistants 2018/2019! Get the Cleaners in! Give it a Go! Flat-sharing Drama
- Pass Inspection and Win a Prize! Meet your FRENCHAY Resident Assistants 2018/2019! Accommodation Customer Services Desk Drugs Awareness Sessions Fire Awareness Sessions