What to do if you're moving out.
1. Clean your room
- Clean your room; wipe down all surfaces and vacuum the carpet - empty wardrobe and drawers and wipe clean.
- Clean your shower, sink and toilet and remove any limescale.
- Remove all belongings and rubbish and dispose of any recycling in the correct facility – anything left in the property after you have left will be disposed of and you will incur a charge
- Support our British Heart Foundation Big Give campaign and donate anything that you don't want. To find out the location of all the donation points click here.
- Remove bikes from the bike shed
2. Clean Communal Areas
- You are responsible for your room, but the communal areas are a shared responsibility, if you are all leaving at the same time you could arrange to clean together.
- If you are leaving before the rest of your flat - organise with your housemates who is going to clean what. Agree on an area that you will deep clean when you leave.
- Make sure you have removed all your food from the cupboards and fridge freezer.
- Make sure you take out any rubbish and recycling.
3. Switch Off
Make sure you have switched of all the lights and electricals (apart from the fridge freezer) before you leave.
4. Lock up
Double check you have locked all windows and doors before you leave.
5. Don't forget to sort your post!
There's nothing worse than realising that your amazon parcel, Asos delivery or prescription has gone to the wrong addresss. When you leave please make sure that get your mail redirected and change the addresses on any sites you order parcels or receive post from.
6. Return key/fob and access cards
- If you live in the Student Village or Wallscourt - please return your keys/fob/access card to your accommodation's customer services desk on the day you leave.
- If you live at Glenside or The Hollies - Please place the key in the envelope provided and post through the letter box in 1H29.
- If you are not able to do this, please post them by recorded delivery in a padded envelope.
7. If in doubt consult the moving out guide
The moving out guidance on this page is also available as a PDF. Download the Moving Out Guide.
Provided you have handed in your key/card and removed all your belongings from your room by 20th April 2020, you will be released from your accommodation contract for the final term.
We are currently working on how this process will work so please bear with us whilst we do this. We are not sure yet of the date you will be released from but we will let you all know as soon as we can.
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition HallsLife Weekly Event Rundown: 29th June - 5th July Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events Spirit Up! St Pauls Digital Carnival How to choose your accommodation at UWE!
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk