With essay deadlines approaching, additional highlighter on your calendar, and those dreadful exams nearly here...
It's important to keep your cool and schedule in some stress-less time amongst the hard work and busy timetable.
Here are our top 5 tips for staying focused and managing your mind:
- Exercise - go for a run, head to a yoga class or play some sports with a friend. All great ways to clear your head and release those vital endorphins - giving your health and your energy levels a boost.
- Stress balls - smiley faces, pigs, globes, tomatoes....... whatever you choose, these squeezy pals have become a surprisingly effective, quick fix to random moments of frustration.
- Pet therapy - whether it's a trip to a farm or stroking a cat or dog, petting an animal is a great way to improve your mental wellbeing, making you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.
- Eat right - it's tempting to snack on sweets and order takeaways when you're studying or stressed, and although it might seem convenient, junk food will zap your energy. Try getting in some fresh food with snackable berries, cereals, and smoothies, and plan your meals as study break incentives.
- Wind down before bed - staring at laptop until the early hours will make it harder for you to fall asleep and keep your mind buzzing with quotes and equations. Spare at least half an hour before you go to bed to listen to some music, read a magazine or take a shower/bath. A regular sleep pattern will help you plan and make the most of your time.
Good luck and happy revising!