Recipe of the week - Thai Green Curry
Impress your new housemates with this delicious recipe.
- 225g new potatoes, cut into chunks
- 100g green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tsp thai green curry paste
- 1 tin of coconut milk
- 2 tsp fish sauce (trust me)
- 450g diced chicken
- 1tsp caster sugar
- boiled rice
- Fill a pan with boiling water and cook the potato chunks for 5 mins.
- Add 100g of trimmed & halved green beans, and cook for another 3 mins (potatoes and beans should be tender but not too soft) Drain and put to one side.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil until very hot, then drop in 1 chopped garlic clove and cook until golden, (this should take only a few seconds). Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Spoon in 1 rounded tbsp Thai green curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavours.
- Next, pour in the tin of coconut milk and let it boil.
- Stir in 2 tsp Thai fish sauce and 1 tsp caster sugar, then 450g bite-size chicken pieces. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Add the potatoes and beans and let them warm through.
- Serve immediately with boiled rice.
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition Cookpad: Zoom Kitchen Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events How to choose your accommodation at UWE! Student Village Room Tour
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk