Spending summer in halls? We've got you!
It's that time of the year we've all been waiting for and it's finally here...SUMMER!
If you've decided to stay in halls over summer, we've got the perfect activities that allow you to make the most of every day.
1. Join the HallsLife Summer Facebook Group
Firstly, join the HallsLife summer Facebook group to keep up to date with everything that's going on in Bristol and on campus - https://www.facebook.com/groups/450519282447845/
2. Have a picnic
A picnic is a perfect way to make the most of the weather. Grab a rug to sit on and some lunch and you're good to go, whether you've got your head in a book or have a catch up with friends this is a great inexpensive way to get out the house.
2. Make homemade ice lollies
Try your hand at making your own ice lollies with these popsicle molds! Get creative, add in some fruit for a healthier option or enjoy an orange and lemonade ice lolly. If you want some inspo, take a look at these recipes.
3. Have a BBQ
Who doesn't love a BBQ in the summer? Get your hands on a disposable BBQ and enjoy some tasty summer food with some friends in the sunshine, just be sure to cook the food properly, it's better to be safe (burnt) than sorry...
4. Games in the park
Head to a nearby field or park nearby; it's a great opportunity to get everyone together who is saying in halls over summer to play a game of rounders or even just a game of bat and ball.
5. Attend events
Keep your eyes peeled for anything going on in your area. This could be anything from movies in an open space to a comedy night. Have a look at Eventbrite and Skiddle, there are always hundreds of events to choose from and something for absolutely everyone!
Bristol holds may festivals over the summer - from Pride, to Harbourside festival to the Balloon Fiesta there is something for everyone. Here's a guide to all Bristol's festivals - https://365bristol.com/story/2019/03/04/our-official-2019-bristol-festival-guide/8940/ & be sure to check out -https://loveforbristol.wordpress.com/2019/05/31/10-bristol-events-not-to-be-missed-this-summer/
6. Invite your friends to stay
You've got your flat for another few weeks, so how about inviting your friends to stay? If they've not visited before this is their chance to explore your new city and if your housemates have gone home you could have the flat to yourselves. Winner!
Enjoy this well-deserved break, it's time to relax. Let's just hope the weather is on your side!
- Read Next
- Mentally preparing yourself for university... 9 Things to do before you move to uni Get your finances in order - Financial Capability Module Campus Catering - Summer Opening Hours Getting excited about moving to Bristol? Staying Safe in Bristol & On Campus Nathan's Top Tips For First Year Nathan's Tips on University Life Ella's top tips for first year! Meningitis Awareness Nitrous Oxide (Nos/ Laughing gas) Know the facts SPACED! Free Advice & Support on Drugs & Alcohol
- Looking After Yourself at UWE Freshers updates! Collecting your keys? Your guide to Bristol All THE events for your first week at UWE