Quantock Post Room - revised hours
The Quantock Post Room provides a complimentary service to ensure the safe/secure receipt of your parcels.
It is situated in the Quantock pavilion, at the bottom of the student village and is for students residing in the Student Village and Carroll Court
Due to the current Covid-19 situation, the post room is running on reduced hours, during this time the post room is also serving Wallscourt residents;Monday - Friday: 14:00 - 15:45Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Royal Mail & post boxes
- Royal Mail will deliver post directly to the post boxes in front of the pavilions (student village)
- In Carroll Court they will deliver to the post boxes:
- House 1-6 and 34-52: next to house 1
- Houses 7-33: next to house 32
- items that require a signature will be brought straight to the post room
- Your post box is the same number as your house/flat & is shared with your whole house/flat
- Each postbox is secured with a coded padlock: go to Cotswold Customer Services to get your code.
- Please check your post box regularly and ensure that the padlock is secured afterwards.
- If any damage to the padlock, please report Cotswold Customer Services
- Couriers should always try to deliver directly to you, either at your house or via the intercom to your flat
- Arrange a delivery time that you are available at
- Couriers are not allowed into student village so therefore you should sign and collect your parcel at the pavilion
- Please don't ask the couriers to deliver to Cotswold Customer Services or the Post Room if you are on-site and available to collect it yourself
- If you are receiving mail from Amazon, you should use the Amazon lockers
There are Amazon lockers located in Brecon and Quantock courtyards, for use by all students.
How to order to an Amazon locker:
- Go to ‘your account’ on Amazon
- Select ‘your addresses’
- Click on ’add address’
- To add an Amazon locker click ‘here’
- Search for a locker location using the post code option and insert either BS16 1ZG for Brecon Court or BS16 1ZP for Quantock Court Lockers
- Click ‘select’ to add the location to your address book
- You can then select ‘ship to this address’ during the check-out process and complete your order as usual. NOTE: all items in your order must be eligible for delivery to a Locker.
How to collect a parcel from a locker:
- Take the unique pickup code that you received via email or text to your Locker location
- Enter your code on the touch screen display and collect your parcel
Processing, collecting and returns
- If you use our complimentary service, be aware that parcels can take up to 48 hours to process - maybe longer if it is over a weekend/bank holiday.
- During busy periods, e.g. Black Friday, processing can take +72 hours. Therefore we recommend you always be in to receive parcels, or make an order as far in advance so it is available to you when you need it.
- When we have received a parcel for you, we will notify you when it is available to pick up. Please come to pick it up as quickly as possible following this email.
- If we haven't sent you this email notifying you to come and collect something, your parcel is not ready to collect and we will not be able to let you to collect it.
- BE AWARE: even if your courier notifies you that your parcel has been delivered to us, you cannot collect it from us until we have processed it and emailed you ourselves.
- You have 14 days to collect your parcel from us, after this period it will be returned to sender
- Due to data protection and privacy laws, we are unable to release your parcel without any photo ID (student ID, driving license/ passport). Please bring one form of ID to avoid disappointment <3
- The post room does not operate a returns service, you can use the Campus Post Office (1E11) or arrange courier collection
Collecting on behalf of a friend
- You can nominate a friend to collect your parcel
- But first you must email us your full name and student ID, request for a friend to collect it and provide their name and student number
- They will need to bring their student ID when they collect this for you
- There are red post boxes in each pavilion to post letters
- Please ensure these have the correct postage stamps attached and your address on the back
- Do not post urgent items here as they may take longer than usual to be processed
- There are no collections over the weekend, over bank holidays or UWE closure days
- Urgent post and parcels can go to the Campus Post Office (4D30) open Mon-Fri 12pm-2pm.
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition HallsLife Weekly Event Rundown: 29th June - 5th July Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events Spirit Up! St Pauls Digital Carnival How to choose your accommodation at UWE!
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk