Meningitis - Know the Facts
It's time to start your new adventure, but there are a few important things you need to know before you arrive.
As a student you are in an at risk group in regards to catching meningitis, the MenACWY vaccine protects you against some types of meningitis and septicemia. . It's free to all students under 25, including international students , so make sure you book in with your GP to have this vaccination.
While you are at the GP, why not take the time to make sure that you are up to date on all your vaccinations.
Know the signs -
- High temperature or fever
- Feeling drowsy
- Confusion or disorientation
- Being violently sick
- Severe headache
- Neck stiffness (can't touch your chin to your chest)
- Joint or muscle pains
- Rapid deterioration of health
- Rash of tiny spots red/purple in colour, which may spread to look like bruising. In the majority of cases, the rash does not disappear when pressed firmly, a good way to check this is to press a glass against it.
- Read Next
- #Stayhome - HallsLife + MOVE - yoga livestream UWEBIC - Let's Talk - online chat #Stayhome - HallsLife Origami Challenge - Day 1 MOVE - Online Yoga, Tai Chi & more How to lock / unlock your bedroom door #Stayhome - Quarantine Kitchen recipes - Easy Veggie Chilli Self-isolating? 10 ways to keep you busy! Ashlea's Lockdown Diary: How to Find Happiness In Isolation HallsLife Escape Room Are you leaving Campus temporarily?
- Postgraduate Contract Extensions - Summer 2020 Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Quantock Post Room - revised hours Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Blackbullion - Money Advice What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Global Team - monthly events - CANCELLED Finding your second year house How to decorate your uni room