HallsLife: What's on 18th - 24th January!
Borrow a HallsLife activity pack, all week
Stuck for things to do during the Lockdown? We've got you covered!
We can't offer the usual range of great activities in our building at the moment, so we've bundled up some of the best bits of The Students' Union for you to enjoy at home with your flatmates!
- Book Bundle (2 available)
Contents: selection of adult activity and colouring books as well as pencils/connector pens.
- Board Games Bundle (4 available)
Will contain a selection of the following board games: Dixit, Uno, Jenga, Uno Stacko, Labyrinth, Chamelon, One a Scale of to T-Rex, Exploding Kittens, 5 Second Rule, Dobble, What Do You Meme, Throw Throw Burrito.
- Nintendo Wii BundleContents: Nintendo Wii console, 2 controllers, 2 nunchucks and 3 games (Just Dance, Wii Sports, Super Mario Smash Bros Brawl)
Info and how to book above!
UWE Sport free online classes, all week
To take part in our free classes download Zoom and use the links below at the scheduled time to connect to an online exercise class. Click above for the programme.
Comedy Night 20:00 - 20:40
On Tuesday, 19th January we have organised a live stand-up comedy show on Zoom - exclusively for UWE students! Click above for more info!
Green Gathering 18:00 - 19:00
Join us on Zoom for a virtual Green Gathering! This will be a chance to meet other students in a relaxed and friendly virtual space. Whether you have started at UWE this January, or you are returning after the Christmas break- all are welcome!
Bring a drink of your choice and snack! You can claim up to £3 for a drink and snack to enjoy during the event.
Global Café - An introduction to British Culture, 14:30 - 15:30
This session is aimed primarily at students who are new to British culture but British students who would like to come along to help share about their culture or who would like to reflect on their own culture are very welcome!
An informal session run by external trainers, Kynfolk, designed to help you settle into your new cultural environment. It will give you the chance to explore common traits in British thinking and behaviours and give you an opportunity to ask questions you have about British culture. A range of cultural topics will be covered, from sense of humour and communication styles, to attitudes about time and rules to life at British universities. The session will include a quick look at British English and British attitudes to language diversity. At the end of the workshop we will share ways you can keep learning about British culture.
Let's Get Quizzical 19:00 - 20:00
Let's Get Quizzical is BACK for 2021! Usually held in the SU bar once a month, Let's Get Quizzical is the BEST quiz ever!
This month, we'll be going virtual via Zoom and Kahoot so grab your teammates and quiz the night away!
Don't have a team but still want to join? Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12:00 on Wed 20 Jan and we'll connect you with some new pals!
How to join:
- Head to https://zoom.us/j/95136882394
- Make sure you have access to a smartphone or another tab on your internet browser.
- We'll give you joining instructions to head over to Kahoot in the Zoom call
Each person on your team can win a £15 Asda/Sainsburys voucher!!!
- Read Next
- Lockdown Laughs International student focus group Become a Halls Rep!! Lockdown 3.0 - What's new on Netflix? Feel Good February - events, giveaways and more! HallsLife - What's on 25th - 31st January Cook-Along Vegan Special Make your House a Home - Grow your own herb kits HallsLife Speed Friending Event Climate Anxiety Cafe
- MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Blackbullion - Money Advice #Jan starters - 18 unexpected things you need at uni #Jan starters - How to use social media to settle into freshers life How to choose your accommodation at UWE! Life Hacks for Exam Season Finding your second year house #Jan starters - How to decorate your uni room Keep in touch ! Ella's top tips for first year!