Glenside Post Room
The Glenside Post Room provides a complimentary service to ensure the safe/secure receipt of your parcels.
It is situated in H-block opposite porters lodge near the Traders Café and is for student residing in Glenside and Hollies accommodation.
Current post room opening hours:
Monday - Sunday 9:30 - 18:00
Royal Mail & post boxes
- Royal Mail will deliver post directly to the post boxes located in different areas near your house
- Your post box is the same number as your house/flat & is shared with your whole house/flat
- Each post-box is secured with a coded padlock: you should be given your post box number when you move in, contact a Resident Assistant if you're not sure of your code
- Please check your post box regularly and ensure that the padlock is secured afterwards.
- If any damage to the padlock, please report Wallscourt Customer Service desk
- Couriers should always try to deliver directly to you, either at your house or via the intercom to your flat
- Arrange a delivery time that you are available at
- Couriers are not allowed into student village so therefore you should sign and collect your parcel at the pavilion
- If you are not in the courier will deliver to the post room
Processing, collecting and returns
- If you use our complimentary service, be aware that parcels can take up to 48 hours to process - maybe longer if it is over a weekend/bank holiday.
- During busy periods, e.g. Black Friday, processing can take +72 hours. Therefore we recommend you always be in to receive parcels, or make an order as far in advance so it is available to you when you need it.
- When we have received a parcel for you, we will notify you when it is available to pick up. Please come to pick it up as quickly as possible following this email.
- If we haven't sent you this email notifying you to come and collect something, your parcel is not ready to collect and we will not be able to let you to collect it.
- BE AWARE: even if your courier notifies you that your parcel has been delivered to us, you cannot collect it from us until we have processed it and emailed you ourselves.
- You have 14 days to collect your parcel from us, after this period it will be returned to sender
- Due to data protection and privacy laws, we are unable to release your parcel without any photo ID (student ID, driving license/ passport). Please bring one form of ID to avoid disappointment <3
- The post room does not operate a returns service
Collecting on behalf of a friend
- You can nominate a friend to collect your parcel
- But first you must email us your full name and student ID, request for a friend to collect it and provide their name and student number
- They will need to bring their student ID when they collect this for you
Sending letter and parcels
- The nearest place to send parcels is the Co-op in Fishponds
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition Cookpad: Zoom Kitchen Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events How to choose your accommodation at UWE! Student Village Room Tour
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk