Fresher's Pasta Recipes
Pasta is the most versatile dish, you can always chuck whatever ingredients you have on your shelves into your pasta and it will (hopefully) taste good. Here are some yummy recipes to try:
- 3 Eggs
- 100g Grated Parmesan
- 100g Pancetta
- Salt & pepper
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and spaghetti (as much as you need)
- Finely chop the pancetta and fry until it's golden and crisp
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add black pepper
- Mix 90% of the cheese into the eggs, saving some cheese for later
- Once spaghetti is cooked add it into the pancetta and take off the heat
- Quickly add the egg and cheese mix into the pasta, using tongs or a long fork, lift up the spaghetti so it mixes easily with the egg mixture (which needs to thicken but not scramble) until everything is coated.
- Add some water that you boiled the pasta in earlier if mixture is dry
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and add salt & pepper
Crème fraîche pasta
- 3 tbsp Crème fraîche
- 3 tsp Arrabbiata paste (or red pesto)
- 1 Red pepper
- CHEESE (cheddar or Parmesan)
- Boil water in a pan and add 1 tsp salt and pasta
- Fry bacon (until crispy, then shred into small pieces or snip using scissors) along with the sliced red peppers and mushrooms
- Add the paste and creme fraiche to the bacon and veg mix (this now creates the pasta sauce)
- When pasta is cooked, drain 95% of the water, then add the pasta sauce to the pasta and cook on the hob for 1 minute, constantly mixing it.
- Serve and sprinkle cheese all over
Pepperoni pizza pasta bake
Combine pasta with pizza for this delicious recipe.
**Oven-proof pan required**
- 500g Pasta
- 400 ml Water
- Pepperoni slices
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 200g Pizza sauce/topper
- Grated cheese
- In a frying pan over a medium heat, add the tinned tomatoes, pizza sauce and most of the pepperoni slices (keep a handful back for later)
- Mix together and warm through for 5 minutes.
- Add in 400ml of water and 500g of pasta and mix well. Turn up the heat to bring the mixture to the boil and cook until the pasta is just cooked (al dente), which shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
- Add in handful of grated cheese and mix well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and top with more grated cheese and the remaining pepperoni slices.
- Place the whole pan in the oven at 200 degrees for around 10 mins until the top layer of cheese has melted.
- Read Next
- Coronavirus home testing kits Statement from South Wales Police on drug safety HallsLife - Big Giveaway The Great HallsLife Festive Bake Off Having trouble with your internet connection? Get money smart - Financial Capability Module UWE Sport - online classes #Alcohol Awareness Week - Must try mocktails Recipe of the week - Easy Peasy Stir Fry Recipe of the week - Minnesota Hot Rice
- National Student Housing Survey - win £500 Blackbullion - Money Advice How to use social media to settle into freshers life MOB Kitchen - Back to Uni Cookbook Circuit Laundry #Alcohol Awareness Week - 7 things you WON'T miss about alcohol How to choose your accommodation at UWE! Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE Finding your second year house Keep in touch !