Fire Safety in the Student Village
It's really important to follow Accommodation Service's Health and Safety regulations whilst you're living with us, it ensures your own safety and the safety of others.
You can receive warnings and fines if you break the regulations so please make sure you understand your responsibilities in regards to fire safety.
- If you hear a full fire alarm you must evacuate immediately
- Each room door, kitchen door and front door are all fire doors and must be kept closed at all times - your room door maybe propped opening if you are in there.
- Weekly fire testing takes place between 11:00 & 15:00 - you will be able to get more information about which day your alarms will be tested on your noticeboard. The alarm will sound for no longer than 30seconds, if it sounds for longer than 30 seconds you need to evacuate
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted in any building
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition Cookpad: Zoom Kitchen Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events How to choose your accommodation at UWE! Student Village Room Tour
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk