Welcome to 2018! Were your Christmas holidays full of indulgence and fun? Did you over do it just a tiny bit in your first term at University ?
Well it's not too late to take up 'Dry January' and get term 2 off to the best possible start! Join the millions of others in giving up the booze for the first month of the year.
Tips to help you get through 'Dry January'
- Download the app, it will tell you how much money you have saved, how many calories you have avoided and it has a handy calendar which tracks your progress.
- Try non alcoholic drinks, for example mocktails, they can be just as good!
- Get a hobby and keep yourself distracted. The SU have plenty to keep you occupied. Focus on other things, maybe join the gym and play some social sports.
- Stay away from pubs and bars!
- Do it with friends - maybe do it with your flatmates, you're more likely to succeed when you are in it together.
- Do it for charity - doing it for a good cause can also keep you on the straight and narrow.