Recipe of the week - Chicken Tikka Masala
Curry's are such an easy dish to make, and they are great to make in bulk so you can eat them for at least two meals or even freeze them for days when you cba to cook.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12g butter
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 tbsp tikka masala paste
- 2 diced chicken breasts
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 50ml double cream
- 50ml natural yogurt
- boiled rice
- naan bread
- Heat the oil and butter in a pan then add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook for 15-20 mins till soft and golden.
- Add the masala paste and red pepper and cook for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken and stir well. Then add the chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and 200ml water.
- Gently simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through.
- Stir in the mango chutney, cream and yogurt and cook for 2 mins.
- Serve with rice and naan bread.
- Read Next
- #Plastic Free July HallsLife Events: 6th July - 12th July Aquarium Livestream Summer Snaps - competition HallsLife Weekly Event Rundown: 29th June - 5th July Top 10 Netflix Series to Watch Need the police, but can't speak? UWE Global Events Spirit Up! St Pauls Digital Carnival How to choose your accommodation at UWE!
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice Unibuddy - chat to current students about life at UWE What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Accommodation Customer Services Desk