5 of the best places to eat in Bristol
In a city as big as Bristol, there are all kinds of good restaurants to go to. And in this article, I am going to introduce 5 restaurants from English pub food, to Italian gelato. It is very recommended to go as a group of friends and enjoy the time together.
1. Hobgoblin It is a pub located on Gloucester Road. They sell amazing pub food such as dirty fries and a selection of chicken wings with different flavour. It is not the cheapest pub in Bristol but it is a great place to hang out with friends and have a great chat. Booking beforehand is recommended if you are going as a big group as the place is almost always full. Getting there from Frenchay campus is very easy, just get Bus no. 71 72 and get off at Sommerville Road and Hobgoblin should be 5 minutes ahead.
2. Café Amore. It is a nice café located in the city centre, right next to ODEON Bristol. The decoration there is very old-school, with advertisements from the last century, old street signs from London etc. They offer food like jacket potatoes with a varieties of fillings, lasagna, and a selection of paninis. The coffee there is nice too. It closes at 6pm on most days so would recommend to go there for a light lunch instead.
3. Jean's Bistro. It is a Thai restaurant located on Gloucester Road. The pad Thai and the BBQ meat all taste amazing, full of flavour. It does not have the biggest portion but for a restaurant with a not expensive price, it is definitely worth a visit. It is quite a small restaurant so would recommend to book a place before going there. Getting there from Frenchay campus is very easy, just get Bus no. 71 72 and get off at Churchways Avenue and Jean's Bistro should be right there.
4. Bento Boss. It is a Japanese restaurant located on Whiteladies Road. They sell a great varieties of delicious Japanese bentos and dons. The one that I would recommend is Salmon Belly don and it is a big portion salmon belly cooked in Teriyaki sauce alongside with a big bowl of rice and it costs less than £9. It is unfortunately from city centre, but if you happen to be around Clifton Down, would recommend to have a try.
5. Swoon Gelato. It is a gelato shop right opposite to College Green. The shop itself is quite small but they have seats and tables inside, but if the weather allows, it would be quite nice to have gelato sitting down on the grass of College Green. The most famous flavour is the pistachio but for every month, they will serve a special flavour during that month. As for April, they are serving Hot Cross Bun flavour, Carrot Cake flavour, Berry Lavender flavour and Lotus Biscotti flavour as the specials. It is a very nice place to go to after dinner with a group of friends and to enjoy the absolutely amazing Italian gelato
Hope you all have a chance to enjoy the nice restaurants in Bristol!
- Read Next
- Ella's top tips for first year! An award to be proud of! Like eggs? Love omelette! Perfect the Perfect Spud Host the tastiest vegan bbq EVER Twitter!
- Ella's top tips for first year! Let's start getting ready for uni! City Tour & Museum Trip Who will you be living with at Uni ? A Resident Assistant's Top Tips for Moving In!