10 mins Indian chickpeas with poached eggs recipe
This is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe, with only 412 calories!
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 diced yellow pepper
- 1/2 diced red chilli
- 1/2 bunch spring onions (tops and whites sliced but kept seperate)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 3 tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1/2 pack coriander
- 1/2 tsp reduced-salt bouillon powder (e.g. marigold)
- 4 large eggs
- Heat the oil in a non-stick sauté pan, add the garlic, pepper, chilli and the whites from the spring onions, and fry for 5 mins over a medium-high heat. Meanwhile, put a large pan of water on to boil.
- Add the spices, tomatoes, most of the coriander and the chickpeas to the sauté pan and cook for 1-2 mins more. Stir in the bouillon powder and enough liquid from the chickpeas to moisten everything, and leave to simmer gently.
- Once the water is boiling, crack in your eggs and poach for 2 mins, then remove with a slotted spoon.
- Stir the spring onion tops into the chickpeas, then very lightly crush a few of the chickpeas with a fork or potato masher.
- Spoon the chickpea mixture onto plates, scatter with the reserved coriander and top with the eggs. Serve with an extra sprinkle of cumin, if you like.
- Read Next
- We The Curious - virtual tour Sustainability 101: DIY Hair Masks Q&A with Evan VP Societies and Communications Show us your Skillz - COMPETITION Campus Pride HallsLife - weekly event rundown 8th June - 14th June HallsLife - weekly event rundown: 1st June - 7th June Natural History Museum Tours! UWE Paintball Instagram Takeover Fill Your Fridge: Recipe Edition
- Visitor Staying with you in Accommodation? Don't Get Locked Out!!! - How your room door works! Blackbullion - Money Advice What's there to do near Frenchay Campus? Finding your second year house How to decorate your uni room Keep in touch ! Thought about changing your diet? Nitrous Oxide (Noz, Laughing Gas) - Know the facts Frenchay Campus Video