Wondering how you can make an impact in the big smoke?
University isn't just about being efficient in your studies, social life or anything else on your bucket list.........
We're talking energy efficiency! Which is why we're proud to announce that two university residences have ranked very high indeed in the UCL energy league table.
*******Drum roll please********
Campbell House West has come in at no. 10 and Arthur Tattersall House at no. 12.
You may notice red numbers popping up on some of the buildings on campus - this is a mark of their environmentally friendly energy saving abilities.
- The ranking is from 1 (jolly green) to 82 (smokey joe).
It would be great to have some more uni residences creeping up the league tables - it's not that hard to reduce your own carbon footprint so the future may remain bright with natural light!
Here's are few top tips to save some resources (and funds!):
- Why not sacrifice a few degrees celsius for a new (or renewed!) Camden jumper?
- Don't boil the kettle then decide you don't fancy a cuppa.......flask anyone?
- Atmospheric energy efficient bulbs for your lamp - an earth saving irresistible ambience.
- Does the tap really need to be running the whole time you brush your teeth? Enough water wasted to fill the kettle again!
- If you're heading home from the cold and need a quick heat fix head for a hot water bottle, hug or snuggly slanket before the boiler.