Health and Safety
Healthcare for Brooke Hall
It is extremely important for you to register with a local doctor (GP), as soon as you arrive. Do not wait until you are unwell as it may not be possible to be seen immediately if you are not registered. The nearest doctor’s surgery is at the address below, and sign-up forms are available at the reception:
- Myatts Field Medical Practice
- T: +44 (0)20 3049 6733
The centre houses 4 doctor’s practices and a walk-in clinic. For minor ailments, always try a pharmacy before visiting the doctor. Describe your symptoms to the qualified pharmacist and he/she will either sell you the necessary medication or advise you to see a doctor. The nearest pharmacy is
- Butterfly Pharmacy 17 Butterfly Walk, London SE5 8RW
- T: +44 (0)20 7701 8641
All students are advised to have the Meningitis C vaccination. Ask the practice nurse at your surgery. For more details on Meningitis, GP registration and other health matters, please visit the health section of the Student Services website or pick up a Healthful Pack from the Students Services office at your college.
For further info about NHS services visit the NHS web site. You can find information about local dentist practices, etc. at this site.
For more serious illness or in an emergency you can attend the Accident and Emergency at any hospital. This service is free of charge. The local hospital nearest is...
- Kings College Hospital, Denmark Hill, SE5 9RS
- T: +44 (0)20 3299 9000
We do not provide first aid products to residents. We recommend you bring your own first aid kit with you to halls.
- Read Next
- Spending lockdown in halls Benefits of having a job at uni 5 Reasons I became a UAL Halls Rep Find a job with Arts Temps Welcome to Furzedown Student Village & Cedars Hall Welcome to The Costume Store Welcome to Portland House Welcome to Brooke Hall Welcome to Highline Building Welcome to Sketch House
- How to accept your Accommodation 'offer' Legs, Bums and Tums with Bam Bam | UAL Social Best places to eat and drink in London Victoria Top 5 things to do in Lewisham 2019's WELCOME WEEKEND VIDEO IS HERE 8 ways to hack the halls applications Recipe: Potato & Leek Soup Vegan stir-fry noodles with tofu and vegetables Finding support that works for you