Proven to release those vital endorphins to help us feel energised, almost any form of exercise can act as a stress reliever.
So get up from your desk once in a while and get moving!
- Outlet for frustration. Higher energy forms of exercise such as boxing, martial arts and weight training prove effective to turn emotions from negative to positive.
- Cut out Cortisol. Stamp out this stress hormone and increase endorphins with a quick walk, jog or run to release your body’s feel-good chemicals.
- Distractions. Saving a change of scenery can help take your mind off any problems, whether it's going to the gym, the park, the swimming pool or simply a walk down the road.
- Social sports. Doubles the dose of stress relief by combining the benefits of exercise and fun with friends. Joining a team or exercising with a friend will also help you to stay motivated.
- Healthier you. Strengthening your immune system with exercise can prevent the development of cold and flu which can be very stressful, especially during heavy work periods.