Freshers Week - one of the fun and most enjoyable weeks ever! Until you get hit with the Flu, and sorry to break it to you, but it's pretty hard to avoid...
The video will have given you the basics, but here's some more advice:
- Healthy, balanced diet - Don't tell me you thought you could off those takeaways forever? Make an effort to cook and eat fruit and veg.
- Soup – Ok, this might be an old granny’s myth, but you can’t deny that when you’re feeling a little off, a warm bowl of soup can do the trick.
- Water - Drink water through the day, after a night out and on a night out to keep hydrated and energised.
- Sleep - Getting in at 5am after a heavy night and rocking up to lectures at 9am can make you feel run down, so get in bed and watch Netflix.
- Berocca - Orangey goodness in a glass! Dissolve those vitamins and start the day right.
- Keep everything clean - Having your room resemble a dungeon is not going to make you feel fresh and raring to go at all. Stick some music on and it'll be over in no time.
- Exercise – Staying in bed feeling sorry for yourself is unhealthy for your body and your mind. Get up and take yourself for a jog, a swim, or a walk.
- Shower - Make it your to-do thing to get yourself out of bed in the morning, oh and wash your face because you don't want the flu AND spots!
Make sure you've registered yourself with a local GP as soon as possible just in case you are hit with the flu.