Being a student is one of the best times of your life. There's even a World Student Day to celebrate how amazing it is!
There are lots of things you experience every day, and we've chosen some of the best things that happen when you're a student:
- Spending all day in your PJs is acceptable
We've all had those days where getting dressed and going outside just won't cut it unless you count going to the door to collect your takeaway.
- You're really poor, but still manage to afford a night out
There are different levels of poor and depending on where you sit on the scale, you can sometimes risk a night out. Plus, who says it has to cost more than £20?
- You have a pint in The Hideout at Hallam Union after your 10 o'clock seminar
It's great how nobody bats an eyelid either because well, sometimes student life can be a bit stressful and you just need it. When they are £2.50, it'd be pretty rude not to.
- If you live in halls, your fire alarm has woken you up at least 7 times
Don't you just love when someone comes back from a night out and decides to make food then walks out the kitchen, or just falls asleep so you have to go outside at 3am? PLEASE don't be that person!
- You make random games when you're bored/hungover
Sometimes you need to release your inner child and lay your duvets on the floor and play the floor is lava, or see how many things you can balance on your head. You'll be surprised how much of your day this takes up...
- Your diet in the last week of term consists of baked beans and spaghetti hoops
Oh, and what a brilliant invention they are! As mentioned earlier, this is the lowest level of poor, but you can just about manage on this diet if you stick to supermarket basic brands.
- Someone brings out their laptop in a lecture and retypes everything on the slides
Why do people insist on doing this? Yes, it isn't just you who finds it frustrating!
- When you're doing group work and one person does absolutely nothing, but still scrapes a 2:1
Is that person you? On behalf of everybody - you're VERY annoying.
- You start writing an essay and remember that naps are life!
It's always the time you sit down to write an essay that Instagram has some of the funniest memes you've ever seen and your WhatsApp group chat is lit. Once all that has tired you out, it's time for a nap.
- You struggle to balance your studies, job, social life and much more...
Nobody said it was easy, but students are hard to crack, so you always battle your way through it and get on with it. Whether you have a breakdown or not is irrelevant because if nobody saw, it didn't happen!