We're so excited about The Elements, our brand new accommodation for September 2018 that we've decided to keep you up to date with all the latest on-site developments!
Week commencing 18th June
With the completion date for site one getting ever closer the final touches are now being completed. We currently have over 200 people on site working 7 days a week.
- More scaffolding has been removed from the courtyard, and the exterior of the building now has sections removed too. Over the next few weeks the rest of the scaffolding will be removed so you will be able to see all of the building.
- Over 1700 data cables are fitted - this is now being tested ready for the super-fast Wi-Fi that students will have when they arrive in September.
- Blocks B, C & D are now all locked with the builders clean already finished and sparkle cleans now taking place.
- Block C & D ceilings are having the final tiles installed and the electrical testing is taking place. Stairwell carpets are also fitted, with E Block being completed as we speak. Each block will have a different colour scheme.
- Stairwell handrails have been installed in B and C blocks and over the next few days chairs, crockery and cutlery will be delivered.
- Work is still taking place on the communal areas. When this is all completed we'll have a gym, study areas, general common space, cinema room and outdoor courtyard - epic!
Come and visit!
Our onsite marketing suite is open for viewings from 9.00am - 4.00pm, Monday to Friday! Viewings can be booked by contacting us on 0114 3034270 or via email.