Want to become a mentor?
We are looking for current students to help new autistic students to settle into University life starting this September. This is an opportunity to share your experiences and knowledge of being a student at Sheffield Hallam and help an autistic student to:
- Make friends, develop hobbies and integrate into the community
- Get to know academic support systems
- Get to know the university
- Consider how to manage their time
- Help to solve problems as your student settles in
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and write ‘I want to be a mentor’ in the subject title.
A short application form will be sent to interested students. Once you apply, you will need to complete some training about autism awareness and the mentoring role. You will then be matched to a new student who would like a mentor. Due to Coronavirus, it is not currently known whether mentoring will be delivered remotely or in person, but further guidance will be given in line with Government advice. Support is provided to all mentors by Inclusive Support.
- Read Next
- Apply now to live in Halls! Moving in to The Elements made easy! Stay healthy over summer! Collection of possessions if you have left your accommodation Taking care of your mental health at university How is your Netflix bingeing looking? Hall Spotlight: The Forge Want to become a mentor? Hall Spotlight: Devonshire Courtyard VARSITY 2020 REFUND POLICY
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice Be Part of Team Trigon! Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Breaking News: Coronavirus Update and Advice Breaking News: Courier Fraud Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities Free Microsoft Office for SHU students! What's Browzer? Browzer Tips - How to Design for print