Want to become a mentor?
We are looking for current students to help new autistic students to settle into University life starting this September. This is an opportunity to share your experiences and knowledge of being a student at Sheffield Hallam and help an autistic student to:
- Make friends, develop hobbies and integrate into the community
- Get to know academic support systems
- Get to know the university
- Consider how to manage their time
- Help to solve problems as your student settles in
Interested? Email email@example.com and write ‘I want to be a mentor’ in the subject title.
A short application form will be sent to interested students. Once you apply, you will need to complete some training about autism awareness and the mentoring role. You will then be matched to a new student who would like a mentor. Due to Coronavirus, it is not currently known whether mentoring will be delivered remotely or in person, but further guidance will be given in line with Government advice. Support is provided to all mentors by Inclusive Support.
- Read Next
- Have you sorted your bills for next year? Is it time for a digital detox? The tastiest vegan BBQ.... EVER Around the world in 8 dishes Parking Permits in Sheffield: Private Properties Collection of possessions if you have left your accommodation Hall Spotlight: The Forge Want to become a mentor? Hall Spotlight: Devonshire Courtyard A risk-free way to book your 20/21- The Trigon
- The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities Free Microsoft Office for SHU students! What's Browzer? Browzer Tips - How to Design for print Have you sorted your bills for next year? Is it time for a digital detox? The tastiest vegan BBQ.... EVER Around the world in 8 dishes How I funded my summer...