Things to do in Sheffield that cost £0.00
We all love a good bargain, especially in Yorkshire! And there's no better bargain than getting summat for nowt, so with that in mind here's our little list of things you can do for free:
If you have 30 minutes...
- Galleries - Soak up some art, Sheffield's got one of the biggest art scenes outside London, and there are countless galleries and studios you can visit for free.
- Botanical Gardens - When the sun is out and the sky is blue, the Botanical Gardens next to Collegiate Campus are a place to sit back and relax. This is also an excellent study space if you want to get outdoors and enjoy the weather.
If you have 1 to 2 hours...
- Museums - Weston Park Museum tells the story of Sheffield from the perspective of those who have lived in the city. It's also got an impressive woolly rhino - worth a visit on its own, surely?
- Browsing - You can easily spend a couple of hours browsing the treasures in the local independent shops around Division Street in the city centre and Ecclesall Road near Collegiate Campus.
If you have 3 to 4 hours...
If you have all day...
- Peak District - Whether you prefer to look at the vast, untouched countryside or want to explore the many hidden rural treasures, the Peaks are a winner for anyone looking for a cheap day out.
- Read Next
- Sheffield - make the most of the outdoor city The Best of The Fests Browzer Picks: Places to eat in Sheffield Sheffield Food Festival 2019 Browzer Picks: Beer Gardens Are you SHU GoGlobal? Sheffield Vintage Fair What's on in Sheffield: May Needing car parking in Sheffield ... LGBTQ+ Film Screening - You Decide!
- SHU Jobs: Student Accommodation Assistant Sheffield Food Festival 2019 How I funded my summer... Moving out of halls? Make sure you avoid any charges! Breaking News - Car Parking