Stay Safe with SHU Security Services
Keep calm and keep safe!
Our friendly Security Services staff are hosting a personal safety campaign and will be on hand to offer advice and assistance to students, staff, and visitors.
We'll be in Adsetts Library at City Campus and the Collegiate Library so come and speak to us with any questions, concerns or issues - we've got your back!
Monday 25th February - Friday 1st March
10am-12pm & 3pm-5pm
In the meantime stay safe with our Top 5 Personal Safety Tips:
- Always be vigilant and assess your surroundings. Carry as little as possible and only take with you what you need.
- When walking stick to well-lit busy routes. Avoid short cuts and dark alleys.
- Keep bags closed, zipped up and buckled. Be especially vigilant with rucksacks. If someone grabs it, let it go items can usually be replaced.
- Don't bury your head in your phone. Walk with confidence and purpose.
- If something does happen, report it to the police on 101, online or in an emergency contact 999. You can also report incidents to SHU Security Services on 0114 2252000 as this might prevent a recurrence.
- Read Next
- Getting around campus How green are you? My TOP money saving hacks Before you apply, check your social media... We're here to help: Hallam Help Browzer Tips - How to Design for print Nightline - We'll Listen, Not Lecture Is your diet as good as you think it is? Airport pick-up service Drugs - know the risks, know how to get help
- Welcome Weekend & Check in Jobs On Campus The Elements - New for 2018! UniKitOut: Get 10% off all orders! Student Colour Run