Sheffield Festival of the Outdoors
Add this event to your calendar
Sheffield is renowned for its links to the outdoors.
From the 1st - 31st March, Sheffield's Festival of the Outdoors will be celebrating Sheffield's growing identity as THE outdoor city, as well as the good old people and places of Sheffield on the themes of running, walking, climbing and riding.
This year's Festival features some amazing events:
- The Magnificent Seven Hill Climb - an epic cycling race taking place on 24th March, 8.30am - 12pm featuring seven of Sheffield's most feared hills, most definitely not for the fainthearted!
- The Sheffield Adventure Film Festival - 22nd to 24th March, hosted at the Showroom Cinema with themed films showcasing spectacular adventures and the great outdoors. Click here to view the full listings.
- Big Running Weekend - an extremely popular running festival taking place on 22nd - 24th March based in and around Ecclesall Woods. There'll be several runs, workshops, talks and sessions to complete - fun for all the family! Visit the Big Running Weekend webpage for more details.
- The Howard Street Dual - our personal favourite, a series of head-to-head bike races taking place on Howard Street right next to our very own SHU City Campus on Saturday 23rd March, 3pm-7.30pm! It's FREE to watch so come on down!
Plus, there will be plenty of other events happening across Sheffield!
Visit The Festival of the Outdoors website for all the lowdown, including how you can get involved all year round!
- Read Next
- ShAFF 2019 Sheffield - make the most of the outdoor city Browzer Picks: Beer Gardens Browzer Picks: Places to eat in Sheffield Student Colour Run Tramlines - Sheffield's Music Festival Global Village Market The Best of The Fests Peddler Veg Out Societies Ball 2019 Nightline - We'll Listen, Not Lecture
- Welcome Weekend & Check in UniKitOut: Get 10% off all orders! The Elements - New for 2018! Meet a local family - join Host! How to maintain a positive mindset