It’s the weekend – time to put down those books, go out and socialise!
Sheffield is one of the safest big cities in the UK. However, wherever you are in the world, you still need to take care of yourself!
Here's our top 10 tips for staying safe when you hit the town:
- Make sure you line your stomach before you go out, you don't want to be the one that heads home super early.
- If you're travelling at night it's always safest to travel with your friends or in a group.......plus it's more fun, all aboard the banter bus!
- It's always handy to save a few local taxi numbers and book in advance to save yourself hanging around in the freezing cold because you didn't want to bring a jacket.
- Make sure you get a licensed cab and if possible use the SHU Safe Taxi Scheme.
- If you have a bag make sure you have a zip or that the clasp is facing inwards so you're not an easy target when your throwing some shapes.
- Don't let strangers follow you past the your halls gates, wouldn't seem so normal if a randomer walked in when you were back home.
- Even if you're really skint don't accept drinks from strangers or start sipping on a drink you think is yours that's been left for ages - you don't know what could be lurking in there.
- If you need to go to the cash machine make sure you are in a busy, lit up area preferably with a mate next to you.
- Drink water in-between alcohol, you'll be grateful for the added hydration in the morning!
- Before all that make sure you bring your ID or you won't be getting very far!