Moving in to The Elements made easy!
Find out about Kate's moving in experience
Move in day! It’s the day we’ve been waiting all summer for. An exciting and scary time; new people, new area, new beginning.
Having been through it, I'm not going to lie- all I can say is hectic! There are some things you MUST know-
- - Leave yourself plenty of time to get to the Elements- Queue's are CRAZY!
- - Have all the correct documents Printed out and in a poly pocket (keeps it all together)
- - If possible don't be alone on move in day. Extra arms to help carry your belongings always helps
When you arrive...
Once you get up to your room and got all your belongings in, kissed goodbye to the family (and maybe shed a tear) - go and make friends! Flatmates generally hangout in the kitchen waiting to meet everyone else. Being friendly is KEY to making new friends.
The most hyped about week in the university calendar! Get out there and enjoy yourself. This is your chance to meet new people and celebrate the beginning of your uni life. Oh and to get all the freebies!
- Bring decorations for your room (fairy lights, pictures, plants)
- BUDGET- before moving in have a plan, be smart with your money
- Be organised (don’t leave packing to the day before)
- Claim your cupboard, fridge and freezer spot ASAP
- Once settled in your room do a food shop
- Enjoy the new experience
AND that’s a wrap!! I hope this blog helped you out.
Thanks for reading.
Bye for nowKate😊
- Read Next
- Student Move Out Waste #MentalWellbeing: Managing stress at university The mental health reality of my first year Starting university as an LGBTQ+ student Have you sorted your bills for next year? Is it time for a digital detox? The tastiest vegan BBQ.... EVER Around the world in 8 dishes Parking Permits in Sheffield: Private Properties Apply now to live in Halls!
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice The mental health reality of my first year Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities Free Microsoft Office for SHU students! What's Browzer? Browzer Tips - How to Design for print My favourite things about halls Top 5 reasons to return to live in Hallam Halls