Mocktails to help with that January recovery
After an over-indulgent December you might just need a detox from all the turkey, cake and tubs of Heroes chocolates...
These fruity mocktails will keep you nicely on that path to a healthy January, and make you feel more energised and refreshed in the process.
Here's something for that well-needed burst of energy...
- Freeze 50g cranberries covered with water until solid
- Mix 50ml cranberry juice with 250ml blood orange juice & the juice from ½ lime in a large jug
- Smash the frozen cranberries into shards and place in the bottom of a glass, then add a wedge of lime & orange
- Pour over fruit juice then top with 300ml Appletiser
Try this to keep you warm as the weather gets colder...
Mulled Apple Juice
- Simmer 500ml apple juice with strips of orange peel, 1/2 cinnamon stick & 2 cloves for 5-10 minutes until the flavours infuse
- Sweeten with sugar or honey to taste
- Serve with orange peel and/or a small piece of a cinnamon stick
You'll feel king after having...
- Add 5oz orange juice, 5oz lemon juice & 1oz grenadine to a shaker with ice & shake well
- Add 2oz carbonated water (or lemonade) then stir
- Pour into a cocktail glass with ice & garnish with an orange wedge
Can't take no-mo' cocktails? Try the...
- Mix 1oz lime juice, 2tsp brown sugar and 6 mint leaves (bruised first using a spoon to allow juices to come out)
- For best results let this rest for 3 hours
- Fill glass with ice and stir, then top with 4oz carbonated water (or lemonade)
- Add a twig of mint for decoration & enjoy!
Sometimes that cleansing lemon water just doesn't cut it and you need something more exciting - without the dreaded morning-after effects!
So give these a try - we dare you not to like them!
- Read Next
- Recipe: Vegan Salad with SHU Catering Need to see a doctor? Register at Student Health! Grab a bite to eat on campus! Introducing Taste Hallam £1 Bargains at Proven Bakehouse
- A plea from the fire service Residential Mentor applications are now open! Moving back to uni: Expectations vs. reality Why I'm staying at The Elements... City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus!