As end of year celebrations begin and the sun starts to shine, we want you to stay safe AND have fun!
Students are often targeted by burglars and thieves at this time of year, and we all know the dangers of overdoing it in the nice weather, so here are a few tips on how to keep yourself and your friends safe over the next few weeks!
- SECURE YOUR HOME: Don’t leave your doors or windows open if you’re out of the room – burglars target insecure homes
- HOW ARE YOU GETTING HOME? Always make sure you have a travel plan before you go on a night out to ensure you are safe coming home. Don’t forget about the Safe Taxi Scheme...
- STICK TOGETHER: Try to stick with your mates when it comes to a night out as it decreases your vulnerability and chances of being a target for crime.
- REHYDRATE: Keep track of what and how much you’re drinking in the warm weather. Have soft drinks in between alcoholic ones!
- MAKE SURE YOUR PHONE IS FULLY CHARGED: if it gets to the end of the night and you’re on your phone you need to be able to contact your friends- don’t let your phone die because you came out on 5%.