Keep Calm and Keep Safe
It's the start of term - new city, new people and new places to explore!
You'll be pleased to know that Sheffield is one of the safest cities in the UK, but wherever you are in the world, it's important to take care of yourself and have someone that's got your back. Sheffield Hallam Security Services are here to do just that!
Our Security Services are here 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help keep you safe, provide friendly advice and assistance - we've even got some top tips to make sure you have an awesome first semester in Sheffield:
- Before you set off for a night out, plan your travel arrangements. Check the times of the last train, tram, bus, or book a taxi - remember the SHU Safe Taxi Scheme!
- When out and about try to stick with friends in well lit areas, tell each other where you are going and who with. If plans change avoid walking alone at night.
- If you're out don't leave your windows and doors open - burglars target insecure properties. If you live in halls make sure no strangers follow you through the entrance.
- If you are working late in the library ask a friend to meet you before walking home, or get a taxi.
- Keep track of what and how much you're drinking, have soft drinks between alcoholic ones and eat a meal before you go out. Never leave drinks unattended!
For more info about SHU Security Services click here.
- Read Next
- Drugs - know the risks, know how to get help Stay Safe with SHU Security Services Planning a Night Out? Do it Right... Getting around campus Takeaways can save lives! Going on Placement? Get home with City Taxi & the Safe Taxi Scheme Are you SHU GoGlobal? My TOP money saving hacks How green are you?
- Breaking News - Mumps Varsity 2019 Tickets & Merchandise! Varsity 5k - Danny Porter Foundation City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! GoGlobal February Trips, Events & Activities