International students: What to bring to uni
You've got your place at Sheffield Hallam (YAY!) and you'll soon be making the move from your home country to the UK!
But first, have you figured out what you will need to bring with you?
Here are the things you MUST remember:
- Medication (you could get this in UK too) - don't forget to register with a UK doctor too.
- Photos from home
Most other items can be bought once you arrive in Sheffield or online at UniKitOut:
- Bedding (pillows, quilt, sheets)
- Warm clothes
- Sports kit
- Cleaning items
- Kitchen utensils
- Waterproof raincoat... this is Britain after all!
- Coffee, tea, mugs, food
There are also things that you CAN'T bring to uni:
- Rice cookers or chip fryers
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights
- Smoking equipment, such as pipes and ashtrays
- Dartboards or weapons of any kind (real or replicas - don't bring them!)
Our International Experience Team are here to answer your questions and provide friendly advice prior to, during and after your arrival.
Time to start packing - we'll see you soon! :)
- Read Next
- Meet a local family - join Host! Airport pick-up service What's Browzer? GoGlobal - April Trips, Events & Activities Are you SHU GoGlobal? International Academic-Led Trips How to be the BEST neighbour Takeaways can save lives! Calling all 2019 SHU Graduates! The Elements - New for 2018!
- Breaking News - Bramall Lane Subways Meadowhall Student Night: May 8 stress fighting foods you NEED in your diet How I deal with stress Applied for halls, what next?