Coping with your workload over Christmas
Hang on a minute before grabbing your Christmas PJs, having a glass of Baileys and singing along to Last Christmas...
Yes, it's the end of term and you've earned yourself a break, but don't neglect your studies.
Putting off your uni work over the Christmas break will only make your life harder when you come back in January!
- Plan your time: Work out when you'll go round to your Grans to catch up with your family and when you'll have a night in revising, or getting the next 300 words down on your essay.
- Prioritise: #Fomo isn't the best feeling in the world, but remember how hard you worked to get on your course? Don't throw it away by doing no uni work whilst you're at home. This doesn't mean decline every Christmas party invite though, just don't go too wild!
- Ask for help: Stuck on something? WhatsApp someone on your course and they might be able to give you a hand. If you're really struggling, send you tutor an email asking to catch up with them next term.
- Don't get slack: Remember the plan you set? Don't stick to it for the first couple of days and then let Netflix distract you!
It's all about finding a balance between making sure you smash your exams and assignments next term, but also enjoying your Christmas holiday too.
- Read Next
- Advice from a graduate: Deadlines & exams Moving back to uni: Expectations vs. reality Wave goodbye to those January blues We're here to help: Hallam Help Are you SHU GoGlobal? £1 Wednesday is back!!! UniKitOut: Get 10% off all orders!
- Varsity 2019 Tickets & Merchandise! £1 Wednesday is back!!! City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! Come food shopping with me... Varsity 5k - Danny Porter Foundation