Breaking News - Vehicle Crime
We have received reports that there have been a number of vehicles broken into in the Highfields area in Sheffield, on Lancing Road & Clough Road.
If you've brought your car to Sheffield remember to follow these top tips from South Yorkshire Police:
- Always ensure that you leave your vehicle locked & secure and switch alarms on
- Use a steering wheel lock if you have one, especially if your car is being left overnight
- Do not leave any items on display
- If you can, leave the glove compartments open to display that no items are left in the car - this can prevent criminals from breaking into the vehicle to see if anything has been stored away
- Never leave sat navs in vehicles if these can be removed
- Park in brightly lit areas such as under street lighting
- Never leave your car unattended whilst the engine is running e.g. whilst de-icing the windscreen!
Please report any suspicious activity to South Yorkshire Police by calling 999 in an emergency, 101 for non-emergencies. You can also report non-emergency crimes online via the South Yorkshire Police website.
Going home for Christmas? Follow these tips from the Hallam Security Services Elves!
- Read Next
- Drugs - know the risks, know how to get help Keep Calm and Keep Safe Browzer Picks: Places to eat in Sheffield Get home with City Taxi & the Safe Taxi Scheme Stay Safe at Sheffield Hallam Going Home for Christmas?
- Going Home for Christmas? Itttttttttttttt'ssssss Christmas! Deadlines looming? How to make the most of your Christmas break Not going home for Christmas? We've got you!