Breaking News: Corona Virus latest
- The campus is now closed - We will continue to deliver and maintain services online. Please keep updated with the Coronavirus SHU webpage, along with relevant Blackboard pages and emails for all updated university information
- The University has taken the decision to postpone or cancel all University related international travel with immediate effect.
- We are establishing a University Help Centre with dedicated support to handle enquiries from students and staff, which will be operational from Monday 16 March.
- Halls of residences remain open for residences to live in. Students are not being asked to move out. Continue to follow guidelines on hygeine, isolation/social distancing as you would in the family home. You are advised to call accommodation managers rather than visit the desk for enquiries.
- Please continue to follow national guidance - stay at home for seven days if you have either a high temperature or a new continuous cough.
- The best defence to prevent the spread of Coronavirus continues to be good hand hygiene practices, social distancing and staying in your home.
- We ask that you bookmark this page and check frequently for updates.
- You can view the latest advice from the NHS
The University is treating this as a major incident. Our top priority is always the health and safety of students, staff and those who make up our wider community across the globe.
An Incident Management Group, led by members of the University Leadership Team, is meeting regularly to carefully monitor the outbreak of coronavirus, and to implement contingency plans as the situation evolves.
We are closely following the latest advice and guidance issued by the UK Government and Public Health England. We will continue to take all appropriate and necessary steps, as required by the official advice, to keep our community safe.
We want to reassure you that we are doing all we can to plan for all possible circumstances, and as the situation changes we will keep you updated with any further action you may need to take.
- Read Next
- Mindfulness Sessions SHU Famous Homemade Flapjack Recipe Conversation Club is now ONLINE! Taste Hallam Recommends Self-isolation: Workouts in your room Self-isolation: Food to help you keep positive Self-isolation: Connecting with friends and family Coronavirus Impact: Information for Students COVID19 and Volunteering Coronavirus: Help and Support from the Student Advice Centre
- Corona Virus: Tips and Advice Be Part of Team Trigon! Corona Virus: Advice for Students The Trigon - 5 minutes to 5 great places Breaking News: Coronavirus Update and Advice Breaking News: Courier Fraud Coach Academy - Work Experience Opportunities Free Microsoft Office for SHU students! What's Browzer? Browzer Tips - How to Design for print