All the uni supplies you NEED
Your first task when you arrive in Sheffield is unpacking...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get packing...
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Hacks to help you boss Welcome Week What it's (realistically) like living in halls An introvert's guide to making friends at SHU! THE apps for moving to Sheffield Time to start getting ready for uni! What's Browzer? Handy hacks to help you survive Freshers Week Your first fortnight at SHU bucketlist! My reality of mental health at Sheffield Hallam LIV Student: 5 things to consider when moving to SHU Uni Hacks: You've got your place at Hallam. Now what?
- Sheffield Freshers' Nights Out Brand New - Student Unlimited Gym Membership! All the uni supplies you NEED Starting at Hallam - a guide for parents! Access Your Course Schedule Now!