10 things you should put on your Christmas list
With Christmas fast approaching it's time you finished your present wishlist!
On a student budget, you aren't able to buy all the things you want. Whether it's an expensive treat, or just some of life's essentials, avoid those unwanted gifts and get something you really want by adding some of these to your list:
- 1) Kitchen gadgets
Missing those slow-cooked meals, or tasty toasties you used to eat at home? Get these on your list and re-create your own in your flat!
- 2) Loungewear
Worn out that onesie you were every day without fail? We know you do A LOT of lounging, so do it in style with a new dressing gown, pair of slippers or comfy pyjamas.
- 3) Coffee machine/cafetiere
You run on a lot of it, so why keep paying the expensive coffee shop's prices? Make your own delicious, fresh coffee in your flat. But don't worry, you can still get your coffee fix on campus - nothing beats Taste Hallam!
- 4) Noise-cancelling headphones
Listen to music in the library? Noise-cancelling headphones can work wonders for your concentration. Got noisy neighbours? You're in luck, these work great at night too when you're trying to sleep!
- 5) Monthly/weekly subscriptions
From Graze and Hello Fresh to Birchbox and GlossyBox to name just a few, these boxes are delivered to your door full of goodies. Receiving the boxes monthly will help you appreciate this thoughtful gift for the whole year!
- 6) Restaurant vouchers
Can't afford to keep up those weekly Nando's dates? Request restaurant gift cards, or vouchers from family members and you'll appreciate a meal out when you're skint!
- 7) Card/drinking games
Getting tired of the same games at pre-drinks? You're sure to impress if you rock up with Cards Against Humanity or What Do You Meme? These card games are hilariously entertaining (with or without alcohol!).
- 8) Netflix subscription
With basic packages starting from £5.99 a month, that's less than £72 a year, you can spread the cost of your entertainment in bulk instalments from members of your family. Maybe ask for a 3-month or 6-month membership if the full year is a bit too expensive?
- 9) The 'New Year, New Me' essentials
We hate to say it but 2020 is just around the corner which means so are the New Year's resolutions that come with it! Get your keep fit kit up to scratch now and you'll be a step ahead of the rest when January comes around. Visit Hallam Active for info on gym membership packages.
- 10) Apple Music/Spotify subscription
Listen to music wherever you go? A subscription to Apple Music, or Spotify costs £9.99 a month with an unlimited amount of music to listen to (without ads!).
These items will no-doubt make your life much easier throughout term two. It might be early, but we have to say it... Merry Christmas!
- Read Next
- Amy's Blog: Christmas clothing gift guide SHUcard Friends & Family Christmas Top-ups Coping with your workload over Christmas A Merry Student Christmas! Cheers to the festive season! How to make the most of your Christmas break GoGlobal Trip to Leeds Christmas gifts from UniKitOut Going Home for Christmas? Leaving halls for Christmas? SHU Carol Service Taste Hallam festive food & drink offers Not going home for Christmas? We've got you! GoGlobal - December Trips, Events & Activities Itttttttttttttt'ssssss Christmas!
- Coping with your workload over Christmas City to Collegiate: Free Shuttle Bus! Leaving halls for Christmas? Apply now for Accommodation! All the British holidays you NEED to know