Your University needs you! Volunteer to make a difference for new students!
- Do you want the opportunity help our new students?
- Do you wish to volunteer for us and give something back to the student community?
- Have you got a couple of hours spare per week?
- Looking for ways to gain some experience, boost your CV and increase your employability?
STUDENT BUDDY SCHEME
We are now recruiting volunteer Student Buddies to support our September 2019 intake of new international students. You will be introducing them to life in both the University and Aberdeen, offering first-hand knowledge and advice on how to settle in, and how to make the most of their experience as a student at RGU.
Volunteering is your chance to make a real difference. So if you are looking to give something back to the student community, meet new people, and have fun whilst gaining some invaluable experience…don’t delay, apply now!
WHAT DOES IT INVOLVE?
You should be able to commit to one to four hours a week, for one month from 9 September 2019. You and your buddy team will be allocated a group of new students with whom you will meet on campus, welcome them to both the University and to Aberdeen, and answer any non-academic questions they may have about settling into student life. You will also have the opportunity to take students on campus tours and to join ResLife welcome events.
WHAT ARE THE REWARDS?
- Valuable volunteering experience
- Enhance your CV
- Work towards a Volunteer Award
- Make new friends (you will be paired with another Buddy Volunteer, and between you both will meet with a pool of 8-10 new students)
WHAT SORT OF PERSON IS REQUIRED?
We are looking for students with:
- Excellent communication skills
- A demonstrable knowledge of RGU as well as the City of Aberdeen
- A genuine desire to help new students
FEEDBACK FROM PREVIOUS BUDDIES
"The buddy role gave me a chance to put my knowledge of Aberdeen and the University to good use. It is an avenue for significantly contributing towards an improved student learning experience and I enjoyed every bit of it."
If you would like to be involved, email your CV and a covering letter explaining why you wish to be a Student Buddy to BuddiesScheme@rgu.ac.uk.
All CVs will be checked by our Careers team (if you so wish), and brief feedback on improving your CV will be provided.
Closing date: 18th August 2019
- Read Next
- Booking in a Group: Student Halls EatRGU: What's New! Moving On: Life After Halls Bloggers Wanted! Target Jobs Undergraduate of the Year Awards Garthdee: What's on campus? Introducing your RGU e-Hub When home doesn't feel like home anymore...
- Have you sorted your bills for next year? Introducing your RGU e-Hub Garthdee: What's on campus? Moving out of halls? #MentalWellbeing: Are you stressed?