RGU Employability Hub : Student Job Opportunities and Advice
Looking for work?
Are you one of the many students who have lost their part-time jobs in the catering or hospitality industries? There are still part-time, temporary and home-working job opportunities available in Aberdeen in other sectors. Or do you want to start your search for a Graduate role?
If you are an RGU student or Alumni, you can search for job opportunities on the RGU Employabilty eHub here!
The RGU Employability Hub
In light of the current situation, where face to face activities on campus have been suspended, the Employability Hub have implemented home working but will respond to your emails as soon as possible.
Check out the new Employability Moodle page; Employability Online, different look, same services, just online! We will use this page to post important employability updates and alert you to useful employability topics relating to COVID-19.
You will continue to have access to a range of material including virtual career meetings, online resources and online sessions/classrooms and webinars, as detailed below;
- Need to speak to a Careers Consultant? Virtual Careers Appointments are available daily, simply book via ASK RGU
- Needing to find part time work? RGU eHub Jobs is your searchable vacancy database which allows you to source part-time jobs, internships and graduate job vacancies. We are populating the database with temporary vacancies, and you can search for these using the tag "temporary positions". The majority of these are in retail or retail manufacturing but not all are customer facing.
- You can also find employer activities via RGU eHub Jobs, including virtual workshops
- Employability Online will be hosting online sessions/classrooms/webinars on Campus Moodle
STEM Jobs- Important Update from Gradcracker
"Companies that recruit graduates think long-term - the graduates that they recruit today will be their leaders of the future. For this reason, employers are continuing to recruit, and their placement and graduate opportunities remain open.
For candidates who are already in the process of applying; many employers are making the necessary adjustments to their application processes - e.g. organising virtual assessment centres and video interviews.
So, the overall message is best summed up as 'business as usual'. Employers are continuing to recruit - so you need to keep applying!"
- Read Next
- FOOS YER DOOS?! - Spotlight on Aberdeen Culture LOOKIN' EFTER YERSEL! : Spotlight on Health FIT LIKEY?! : Meet the Student Help Point Team Getting a COVID Test A Scottish Story with Shortbread RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team #RGUTogether : Celebrating the RGU Community RGU Support for Front Line Workers RGU Counselling & Wellbeing Guide to Online/Phone Sessions A Guide to Aberdeen Online during Lock Down
- Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Dealing with Stress Everything to do with eggs! Food hacks to save you money Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice Introducing your RGU e-Hub Is it done yet? Target Jobs Undergraduate of the Year Awards RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team