HEALTH & WELLBEING
RGU Counselling and Wellbeing Services
Counselling and Wellbeing during COVID-19 Closure
In accordance with the University's COVID-19 Guidance we are currently operating our usual working hours of 9.30am-4pm Monday-Friday, and are continuing to offer counselling and wellbeing support remotely. Appointments with our team can be undertaken via telephone or video call or email.
Please continue to make Wellbeing Appointments through ASKRGU, you will then be allocated a Wellbeing advisor who will work to find the best method to support you.
For those of you that have previously booked appointments and are in the system, the Administrator will be in touch with you to arrange your remote counselling session.
We also provide online mental health self-help programmes 24/7 through our Silvercloud platform to help with Anxiety, Stress, Depression and Body Image. A supported version of Silvercloud is also available by contacting the service either by email email@example.com or telephone (01224) 262120
Link to further resources are available on the Student Counselling RGyoU page: Student Counselling and Wellbeing
If you would like to wait until face-to-face appointments are available again, please contact us now via ASKRGU and we can hold your referral until this service resumes.
If you feel you require and alternative method of support to those mentioned above, we would still like to hear from you via ASKRGU.
If you feel that you require urgent support in the first instance contact Samaritans by telephoning 116 123 or visiting the website or Breathing Space on 0800 838587 or their website. Opening hours are;
- Weekdays: Monday - Thursday 6pm to 2am
- Weekends: Friday 6pm - Monday 6am
If you are unwell you should check NHS 24 for usual advice or in the case of a medical emergency you should dial 999.
Apps Recommended by Students
- Have a problem staying focused? Try Forest
- Build Healthy Sleep Habits
You might need help with:
- Adjusting to University life
- Living with Others
- Fitting in
- Anxiety and Depression
- Relationship difficulties
- Coping with change and homesickness
- Exam panic
- Self-Confidence and low self-esteem
- Substance misuse
- Academic concerns
- Self-harm issues
Current Students can access further information about the service by visiting the Student Counselling and Wellbeing Centre pages on RGyoU.
- Read Next
- FOOS YER DOOS?! - Spotlight on Aberdeen Culture LOOKIN' EFTER YERSEL! : Spotlight on Health FIT LIKEY?! : Meet the Student Help Point Team Getting a COVID Test A Scottish Story with Shortbread RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team #RGUTogether : Celebrating the RGU Community RGU Support for Front Line Workers RGU Counselling & Wellbeing Guide to Online/Phone Sessions A Guide to Aberdeen Online during Lock Down
- Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Dealing with Stress Everything to do with eggs! Food hacks to save you money Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice Introducing your RGU e-Hub Is it done yet? Target Jobs Undergraduate of the Year Awards RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team