HEALTH & WELLBEING
A range of exam techniques are here: http://campusmoodle.rgu.ac.uk/course/view.php?id=89332
- Reflection: what did you find effective when studying for previous exams?
- Good preparation is the key to exam revision.
- Organisation: prepare all the materials you may need for your revision, and draw up a revision timetable.
- Revision Techniques. These can include creative skills, eg using colour coding or mind maps. You may also find revision cards helpful. There are different memory techniques that can be used, including stories and rhymes. Find out more information at the link below.
Looking After Yourself
It is really important to look after yourself while revising for exams.
You should remember to:
- Eat well. A good nutritious diet is good for the brain and also benefits your overall mood.
- Take regular breaks. If you become fatigued, you will not study so well. Breaks can contribute to overall good mental health.
- Ensure you get enough sleep. A proper night’s rest will keep your brain in top shape!
- Take exercise. This can help to clear the mind and reduce stress levels.
There is some really good advice at the links below:
- Read Next
- Dealing with Stress Are you Struggling with your Mental Health?.. SilverCloud could help! Spotlight On: Boundaries & Consent - The Right Way To Do It. Food hacks to save you money 23 things that WILL happen in first year Leaving halls for Christmas? Advice From a Graduate: Your first essay 16 reasons why student life is the BEST life Living with people who are not 'your people' HELP! Who do I live with next year? Everything to do with eggs! Is it done yet? Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice 5 winter delights you can make in a MUG! Have you checked your house contract?
- Ask Me! RGU's Online Help Point! Leaving halls for Christmas? Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Advice From a Graduate: Your first essay How to cope with your 'winter blues'