HEALTH & WELLBEING
Dealing with Stress
Tips to Deal with Stress
It is important to look after yourself by:
1. Eating well
2. Getting enough hours sleep
3. Taking exercise, this can clear the mind
4. Making time for a favourite hobby, or try something new if you don’t have one already
5. Helping others or volunteering
Sources of Help
Student Counselling and Wellbeing Team
Counselling offers time and space for you to air your concerns, to reflect upon these and understand the difficulties better. It can help identify options for change. Genuine change takes time and counselling can be a challenging as well as rewarding experience. Asking for help when feeling stressed or worried is a positive step to make to maintain emotional health and wellbeing.
How to book a telephone or video call appointment:
Log a call at Ask RGU - Ask RGU is your platform to book and cancel appointments with the Student Wellbeing Advisor.
SilverCloud is a self-help resource for all staff and students who want to build resilience and enhance their mental wellbeing. SilverCloud is self-directed and offers a choice of programmes on depression, anxiety, stress and body image.
Sign up online: https://rgu.silvercloudhealth.com/signup/
Other Sources of Help
Samaritans - 24 Hour Helpline
"We offer you a safe space for you to talk any time you like, in your own way - about whatever's getting to you."
Call Free on 116 123
Breathing Space - Helpline
"Sometimes our thoughts and feelings can overwhelm us. It helps to get some Breathing Space. Pick up the phone - we're here to listen."
Call Free on 0800 83 85 87
Weekdays: Monday-Thursday 6pm to 2am
Weekend: Friday 6pm to Monday 6am
NHS24 - Urgent Health Advice
"Our 111 service is here to provide urgent health advice out of hours, when your GP Practice or Dentist is closed."
Call Free on 111
For more information visit www.nhs24.scot
RGU's report and support platform
"We have a zero tolerance approach to sexual violence and harassment. All staff, students, and visitors to our campus can report something anonymously or get support from an advisor."
Rape Crisis Scotland
"Rape Crisis Scotland provides a national rape crisis helpline and email support for anyone affected by sexual violence, no matter when or how it happened."
Call Free on 08088 010302 from 6pm to midnight
- Read Next
- FOOS YER DOOS?! - Spotlight on Aberdeen Culture LOOKIN' EFTER YERSEL! : Spotlight on Health FIT LIKEY?! : Meet the Student Help Point Team Getting a COVID Test A Scottish Story with Shortbread RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team #RGUTogether : Celebrating the RGU Community RGU Support for Front Line Workers RGU Counselling & Wellbeing Guide to Online/Phone Sessions A Guide to Aberdeen Online during Lock Down
- Want to work while you are a student? Here is how to get a National Insurance Number... Top 10 things to do in Aberdeen Dealing with Stress Everything to do with eggs! Food hacks to save you money Cooking: The perfect pasta & rice Introducing your RGU e-Hub Is it done yet? Target Jobs Undergraduate of the Year Awards RGU Counselling & Wellbeing : Meet the Team