Lucky you! You get to live in a city bursting with culture, creativity and students!
Why not check out our quick and easy Edinburgh guide.
Find Some Food
- If you are tired of the same old sandwiches head down to Union of Genius at lunchtime, the one and only soup specialists.
- If you are looking for an afternoon tea then Mimi's Bakehouse will satisfy your sweet tooth or make you feel all warm inside with some baked goodness.
- Catering for all, the best place to go for some gourmet pub grub and speciality beers is The Holyrood 9A.
- Restaurant and take out, the Broughton delicatessen brings you the finest cuts, pancakes, salads and cooked breakfasts around. Check out the website for their personal recipe blog.
- And, if you are looking for something a little closer, check out the restaurants at Fort Kinnaird. Pizzas, burgers, chicken - all you want right on your doorstep!
- Arriving in September with post Fringe festival blues? Catch a show all year round at the Traverse or King's theatre.
- You don't have to stray far from the city centre for a nice stroll up a former volcano! Arthur's Seat is well worth the climb, with views of Edinburgh, Leith and the Firth of Forth to Fife. It's found in Holyrood Park, a few minutes walk from Edinburgh's Old Town.
A Bird's Eye View Of The City
- If you are new to Edinburgh the castle is a must see, but that's a given!
- Edinburgh architecture is one of a kind and so diverse, why not chill with a picnic in Calton Hill park and take it all in?
- Shop 'till you drop on Princes street, including all of the major highstreet brands and some quirky local shops.
- If you are looking for something a little more traditional or some place to impress your family, head down the Royal Mile where you will find authentic kilt makers, knit shops, whiskey experiences and the fudge kitchen.
- Looking to fill your fridge? You don't have to go far with our student shopping guide to Musselburgh.
- George Street is the nightlife hotspot with some of Scotland's most popular clubnights.
- The Liquid Room attracts some big hitters on the DJ and band scene.
- Indie-electro? Live acts? Try Caberet Voltaire
- Fancy a bit of 90's retro? Try The Shack
- Funky? Let's get down! @ Shanghai or LuLu
- Techno! Techno! Techno! With The Caves and The Bongo Club
Still want more to do in Edinburgh?
- One of those 'constantly on the go' type of people? I know, I know...if you did everything then you would have no money left so why not check out our 10 completely free things to do in Edinburgh. There really is SO much to cram in so make the most of your years here!
- Don't miss our monthly 'What's on in Edinburgh' guide for a breakdown each month of theatre, gigs, markets and much more. Find this on Browzer from the 1st of every month.
Getting into the city from campus is easy, get to grips with this by reading our Getting around Edinburgh guide.