What's on in Edinburgh this October?
Add this event to your calendar
September was packed with fresher's fun, so let’s keep the momentum going and fill your diaries for October!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh Coffee Festival
Edinburgh’s fifth coffee festival; certain to stimulate senses with the aroma of coffee, exciting demonstrations, interactive workshops, live music and other attractions.
30th – 3rd November
German beer, food and music – what better kind of party is there?! Located at Princes Street Gardens.
- Big Big Gin Festival
12th - 13th October
Scotland is home to 150 Gin Distilleries alone so what makes more sense than to enjoy many of these in Scotland's capital city.
A celebration of all things spooky! Follow the link to find out what you could do in Edinburgh this Halloween.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
30th September - 5th October
At Edinburgh Playhouse, this smash-hit production of Annie stars Birds of a Feather's Lesley Joseph as the tyrannical Miss Hannigan!
10th Anniversary tour for the BGT winners.
- We Will Rock You
7th - 12th October
A smash hit musical spectacle by Queen and Ben Elton featuring Queen's biggest hits!
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2, Waverley Station
Every Friday in October
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in October
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in October
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
- Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers
Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers will showcase a small selection of embroideries drawn from over 500 Scottish samplers in the collection of Leslie Durst – an American with a passion for Scotland.
- NOW: Monster Chetwynd
NOW is a series of contemporary art exhibitions displayed across the ground floor at Modern One. At the centre of the fourth instalment is a major survey of work by the Turner Prize nominated artist Monster Chetwynd.
Enjoy your October!
- Read Next
- Getting Around Edinburgh Paulina's Blog: Mac & Cheese Recipe Healthy Me! at QMU Breakfast or Breakfeast? Super Salads in 1875 GRUMPY MULE IS BACK Need to talk? 5 things worth knowing about coffee! Study Break means COFFEE What is QMU's new student support system? Board Games in Maggie's! Step up with QMU: Jo's Story Maggie's Wins!
- Ida-Marie's Blog: The Generation Between Z and Millennials: Zillennials Ridwane's Blog: First Semester 'Tarotscopes' Your Maggie's Menu Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme Quinoa Porridge Recipe