What's on in Edinburgh this May?
Add this event to your calendar
With Summer just around the corner, it is time to finish exams and kick back, relax and enjoy the month of May!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh Craft Beer Festival
24th - 25th May
A weekend of beer, food and music!
- Fly Open Air Festival
18th - 19th May
Showcasing the planet's top electronic live acts & DJs in unique locations around Scotland.
- Pint of Science Festival
20th - 22nd May
Located in a number of pubs around the city. Check out their website to find a pub near you...
- Cocktails in the City
3rd - 4th May
Sip your way around Edinburgh
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Noel Gallaghers High Flying Birds
Matilda The Musical is the multi-award winning musical from the Royal Shakespeare Company, inspired by the beloved book by the incomparable Roald Dahl.
- Michael McIntyre: Big World Tour (Warm Up)
22nd - 23rd May
Michael McIntyre is continuing his Big World Tour this spring and is warming up with shows around the UK.
Catch her this May at the Usher Hall
- The Mousetrap
27th - 29th May
The Mousetrap has become the longest running show of any kind in the world by keeping audiences on the edge of their seat in this masterful whodunnit by the Queen of Crime, Agatha Christie.
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2 Market, Waverley Station
Every Friday in May
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in May
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in May
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
- Edinburgh Marathon
Fast & flat, this course was voted the fastest marathon in the UK by Runners World, ideal if it’s your first marathon or you are looking for a PB.
- Gung-ho! Edinburgh
The world's biggest inflatable 5k run
Enjoy your May!
- Read Next
- Things only Edinburgh locals will know... Your personal guide to Edinburgh Marty's Blog: 7 Scottish Things To Do For St Andrews Day How to be the BEST neighbour Jessica's Blog: Live Music in Edinburgh If you were a dog, which would you be? Robert's Blog: Best bars in Edinburgh Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Tyler's Blog: A trip to the Highlands Mark's Blog: Flatmates = Family Cameron's Blog: Pottering around Edinburgh Eilidh's Blog: A Quick Guide to Theatre in Edinburgh
- Would you like to work in a gym? This week's menu in 1875! Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme How I survive exam season Quick round up of food on campus