What's on in Edinburgh this March?
Add this event to your calendar
Spring is upon us! With the start of March we can welcome some sunny weather and crisp dry days – filled with events around Edinburgh!
Festivals and Events
- Scottish Motorcycle Show
9th – 10th March
Taking place in the Royal Highland Centre across 2 days.
- St Patrick's Festival
15th – 17th MarchNo one does a St Patrick's party quite like the Cowgate!
Join us over the three days of our music, comedy and table dancing festival/extravaganza, happening over 9 stages, 5 venues and multiple outdoor venues.
- Edinburgh’s Festival of Ireland
15th – 23rd March
A celebration of the city's own Irish community.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Dirty Dancing
4th – 9th March
This classic is back in Edinburgh for a few days only - don't miss your chance for tickets!
- Wannabe - The Spice Girls Show
Wannabe is a spectacular concert created to celebrate the career of the World's biggest girl band, the Spice Girls. Featuring the greatest Spice Girls hits, this musical celebration recreates the era of Girl Power!
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2 Market, Waverley Station
Every Friday in March
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in March
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in March
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all.
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
Beings is a National Galleries of Scotland Learning project and exhibition co-produced by young people.
- Six Nations Rugby
An explosive tournament showing international rugby union at it's best.
- Meadows Marathon
Meadows Marathon is an annual student-organised running event held on the Meadows in Edinburgh to raise money for local, national and international charities.
Enjoy your March!
- Read Next
- Things only Edinburgh locals will know... Oh I do like to be beside the seaside Grace's Blog: My Edinburgh bucket list Fancy chocolate for breakfast, lunch or dinner? New Prentice 111 Bus Service comes to QMU YOUR guide to Edinburgh's food and drink hot spots Your personal guide to Edinburgh 10 completely free things to do in Edinburgh Getting Around Edinburgh Student Shopping Guide to Musselburgh Alexa's Blog: 7 unusual things to do in Edinburgh Stina's Blog: Out and About in Edinburgh Volunteers Wanted - Ride the Night 2019
- This weeks menu in 1875! Your Maggie's Menu... How often should i be training? Quick round up of food on campus Eat, Drink and Play at QMU