What's on in Edinburgh this December?
Add this event to your calendar
With Christmas just around the corner, Edinburgh is hosting a range of activities to kick off the festive season!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh's Christmas
16th November - 4th January
From markets to rides and attractions, Edinburgh's Christmas has enough going on to fill a whole day with fun and festive cheer. Head down to Princes Street Gardens to join in with all the Christmas celebrations.
- Edinburgh International Magic Festival
27th December - 5th January
Edinburgh International Magic Festival is annual arts festival that promotes magic as an art form and celebrates the limitless possibilities of human imagination
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay
30th December - 1st January
One of the biggest new year street parties in the world. Join big name music acts, stalls, food and of course a spectacular firework show and see your new year in, in style.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Disney's The Lion King
5th December - 29th March
Set against the majesty of the Serengeti Plains and to the evocative rhythms of Africa, Disney's multi award-winning musical is a unique theatrical experience that you will remember forever.
- King's Panto: Goldilocks and the Three Bears
It wouldn't be Christmas without a panto right?!
- Lewis Capaldi
1 night at the Usher Hall
Markets and Fairs
- Summerhall Christmas Market
This year Summerhall’s Christmas Market will be packed full of local businesses selling unique gift ideas whilst our food vendors serve up delicious food and drink in our Courtyard.
Sport & Events
- Santa Run
Once more, Scotland’s fundraising Santa’s will run, walk and stroll around West Princes Street Gardens, raising money to grant the Wishes of children for When You Wish Upon a Star.
Enjoy your December and festive season!
- Read Next
- Edinburgh's Christmas 2019 QMU Cycle - What's on in December Maria's Blog: What to expect if you’re staying at Uni for Christmas Last posting dates before Christmas Marty's Blog: 7 Things To Put You In The Festive Spirit Tyler's Blog: Ho£iday$ in Edinburgh Laura's Blog: Fun And Easy Recipe For Christmas – Sticky Toffee Flapjacks Laura's Blog: Last Christmas we lost each other at the markets Secret Santa Competition - WIN £50 Amazon Voucher Sports Centre Festive Closure Maggie's Christmas Menu Tis the Season @ 1875 - Christmas Lunches Christmas & New Year Catering Changes Ida-Marie's Blog: Gift Guide: DIY Ideas for Broke Students Your personal guide to Edinburgh
- Secret Santa Competition - WIN £50 Amazon Voucher This week's menu in 1875 Tis the Season @ 1875 - Christmas Lunches Ways to prepare yourself for the exam period Elena's Blog: Keep calm this Exam Period