What's on in Edinburgh this December?
With Christmas just around the corner, Edinburgh is hosting a range of activities to kick off the festive season!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh's Christmas
16th November - 5th January
From markets to rides and attractions, Edinburgh's Christmas has enough going on to fill a whole day with fun and festive cheer. Head down to Princes Street Gardens to join in with all the Christmas celebrations.
- Edinburgh International Magic Festival, Christmas Special
27th - 30th December
The second annual MagicFest Christmas show will take place at the Traverse Theatre in the centre of Edinburgh between Christmas and New Year. Unwrap your ‘Secret Gift’ and enjoy Edinburgh’s most magical show this Christmas. Featuring stars of magic from around the UK and special guests from Spain.
- Edinburgh's Hogmanay
30th December - 1st January
One of the biggest new year street parties in the world. Join big name music acts, stalls, food and of course a spectacular firework show and see your new year in, in style.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Kinky Boots
10th December - 5th January
With songs by Grammy and Tony winning pop icon Cyndi Lauper, Kinky Boots takes you from the factory floor to the glamorous catwalks of Milan.
- King's Panto: Beauty and the Beast
1st December - 20th January
It wouldn't be Christmas without a panto right?!
- Love Actually with a Live Orchestra
It is one of the world’s best-loved modern Christmas films, having become synonymous with the season for many, and now Love Actually will be screened live across the UK as part of a huge concert tour, featuring a full orchestra performing the enchanting score.
Markets and Fairs
- Summerhall Christmas Market
This year Summerhall’s Christmas Market will be packed full of local businesses selling unique gift ideas whilst our food vendors serve up delicious food and drink in our Courtyard.
Sport & Events
- Santa Run
Once more, Scotland’s fundraising Santa’s will run, walk and stroll around West Princes Street Gardens, raising money to grant the Wishes of children for When You Wish Upon a Star.
Enjoy your December and festive season!
- Read Next
- Yasmin's Blog: Styling yourself at Christmas Cameron's Blog: Christmas Movie & TV Wish List Marty's Blog: 7 Things To Put You In The Festive Spirit Tyler's Blog: Ho£iday$ in Edinburgh Laura's Blog: Fun And Easy Recipe For Christmas – Sticky Toffee Flapjacks Laura's Blog: Last Christmas we lost each other at the markets Your personal guide to Edinburgh Stina's Blog: What is happening this Hogmanay? Robert's Blog: Bars to visit before you leave Robert's Blog: Free Days Out in Edinburgh Oh I do like to be beside the seaside Grace's Blog: My Edinburgh bucket list Fancy chocolate for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Things only Edinburgh locals will know... New Prentice 111 Bus Service comes to QMU
- This weeks menu in 1875! Catering Customer Survey Your Maggie's Menu... Will Lifting Weights Make Me Bulky? Friday Fitness Classes