Packing up and moving to Uni can be a daunting experience, but not here at QMU!
You definitely won't fit all your stuff in the car, so we have done some shortlisting for you...
- Basic provisions for the first few days.... until you have time to get to the shops. Keep your eyes peeled on Browzer for our arrivals weekend trip to the shops!
- Bedding and bed linen, including sheets, pillows and duvets. Please note, the standard rooms have a single bed and the premier rooms have a double bed
- Towels and tea towels
- Crockery - plates, bowls & mugs
- Cutlery and cooking utensils
- Pots & pans, a couple of saucepans, frying pan, baking tray
- Cleaning products and toilet roll
- TV? *you will need to arrange for your own TV licence
You can either purchase these items when you arrive - keep an eye out for our arrivals weekend trips! Or, you can also order some essentials from Click2Campus and have them delivered straight to your room!
WHAT NOT TO BRING WITH YOU
- Candles, incense sticks, tea lights, BBQs, heaters, chip fryers, smoking equipment such as pipes and ashtrays - well anything that could easily catch fire...
- Might be an obvious one but dartboards and weapons of any kind either real or replica are a no no.
- Large items of furniture or equipment aren't allowed in the accommodation for health and safety/fire safety reasons.
- Sorry you have to leave your pets at home!
As part of plans to encourage environmental sustainability, we advise students not to bring a car with them. Permits are granted according to set qualifying criteria and you must get a permit before bringing a car. Find out more here.
Our Student Residences have lockable bicycle sheds. Bikes can't be left in hallways or bedrooms. If you do bring a bike remember to bring a lock, and we recommend you top-up your basic insurance package to cover your bike.