Very Simple Margherita Pizza Recipe
- olive oil (for the tray)
- 200g plain flour
- 7g packet easy-blend dried yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 125ml warm water
- 85ml passata
- 100g mozzarella, half grated, half chopped
- 2 tbsp. grated parmesan or vegetarian alternative
- small bunch basil, half chopped, half left whole
- side salad, to serve (optional)
- Toppings of your choice (if you fancy more than just Margherita!)
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/gas 9.
- Oil a 20 x 24cm baking tray. Mix the flour, yeast, ¼ tsp salt and the sugar in a bowl, then stir in the water. Bring the mixture together, knead until smooth, then press into the oiled tray.
- Spread passata over the dough, leaving a thin border round the edge. Season the passata, then sprinkle with the chopped basil, the mozzarella and the Parmesan, (add any toppings here!) and bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through. Scatter with the remaining basil and serve with a side salad.
- Read Next
- Fatayer Recipe Chicken Tikka Masala Recipe Quesadillas Recipe Prawn and Chorizo Pasta Recipe Irish Boxty Recipe Chicken, Sweet Potato and Spinach Recipe Mexican Lasagne Recipe Greek-Style Stuffed Red Peppers Recipe Snowflake Biscuits Recipe Crunchy Granola Recipe Kale, Potato & Thyme Soup Recipe Sweet Potato, Mango & Black Bean Quinoa Recipe Jalapeno Poppers Recipe Pickled Potato Salad Recipe
- Would you like to work in a gym? This week's menu in 1875! Cycle Connections Bike Hire Scheme How I survive exam season Quick round up of food on campus