The Many Miles of May Challenge
QMU Sports invites you to take part in our latest challenge to help keep you active during lockdown. To stay healthy, adults should try to be active every day and aim to achieve at least 150 minutes of physical activity over a week through a variety of activities. With that in mind, we are challenging you to walk, jog or run a minimum of 1 mile (1.6km) a day in May.
You might want to walk one day and run the next. You might want to do 1 mile on Monday and 10 miles on Tuesday……it’s completely up to YOU! The idea is to be physically active for 31 consecutive days in May, which equates to a minimum of 31 miles or 49.6km…..the equivalent of walking/running from QMU to Dunfermline!
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHEN YOU JOIN THE CHALLENGE VIA THE APP, IT WILL SAY THAT THE GOAL IS TO RUN 50KM – THAT IS NOT THE CASE, IT CAN BE DONE BY EITHER WALKING OR RUNNING.
Make sure you use the mywellness app to record your activity. Alternatively, you can use a watch or an activity tracking app that is linked to Mywellness to monitor your progress. Supported apps include Apple Health, Strava, Garmin, Fitbit, Myfitnesspal, Polar, runkeeper and Nokia. Activities that will be counted in the challenges are WALKS or RUNS that are:
• Automatically tracked activities with GPS apps & devices
• Automatically tracked lifestyle with activity trackers
• Manually tracked activities in Mywellness App.
The Many Miles of May challenge is a great way to get outside and get active, and it’s something the whole family can take part in. Let us know how you are getting on with it and be sure to tag us in any photos or posts of your RUN/WALK using the following hashtags #qmusports #themanymilesofmay
To join the challenge, log into the Mywellness app and click ‘join the challenge’ on the homepage. If you haven’t registered with Mywellness you can do so by following the three steps below:
1. Go to www.mywellness.com/qmusports and create a new account
2. Download mywellness app from the app store or Google Play
3. Login to the app with the credentials you created at step 1
Good Luck and Stay Safe!
- Read Next
- What you should watch based on your subject area... Library Account Book Challenge Support at QMU Lockdown Stories....Sarah Lockdown Stories.......Connor Lockdown Stories.....Jamie Lockdown Stories......Ellen Lockdown Stories.......Stuart QMUPodcast Conferences & Events Newsletter - April 2020
- Upright bike Tyler's Blog: Make yourself visible: Create an ePortfolio Single Arm Row Maja's Blog: Asexuality Self-Service password reset available now Way 2 Pay - Your QMU best friend The ResLife Team Assisted Chin Up 10 Uses For Coffee Grounds Fresh Ideas Competition - enter today