We make it easy to eat healthily at QMU with our fantastic salad bar in 1875 which features a daily variety of colourful salads!
Our Chefs use seasonal ingredients to create a range of tasty bowls and are constantly trying out new variations - who said veggies can't be interesting? Make the salad your own, by adding a number of different dressings and toppings including seeds, croutons and special protein options!
Small - £1.99
Medium - £2.99
Large - £3.99
Want to try something at home? Use your Halloween pumpkins to make this seasonal salad and have it as either a side dish or main meal!
Charred Pumpkin, Chicory & Nutmeg
- 1 medium pumpkin - peeled and cut into chunks, dressed with a little oil and nutmeg
- 3 heads red chicory - cut into wedges
- 1/4 fresh nutmeg - grated
- a good pinch rock salt
- 50ml rapeseed oil
- 10ml white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. grain mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. white caster sugar
- Chargrill the pumpkin in a pan until well coloured then roast in the oven at 200C until cooked through (around 6 mins).
- Heat a large pan and add the chicory with a little oil - wilt for 10-15 seconds and cool immediately.
- In a bowl, combine the rapeseed oil, white wine vinegar, grain mustard and caster sugar for the dressing
- To build the salad - place some pumpkin into a serving bowl, scatter the chicory across and drizzle with some dressing. Garnish with a little rock salt!